How to Apply to Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU)
• Download the application form from www.smu.ac.za
• Complete the form in full and answer all questions with black ink (pen).
• Make sure the names appearing on your identity document (ID), as well as your certificates are the same and in the same sequence.
• All student application forms submitted after closing date will not be considered.
All non-South African citizens and non-permanent residents are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students. Application for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country or residence/origin, and it would be in favour of Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) and to be submitted during registrations.
- Certified copy of your ID or Birth Certificate.
- Certified copy of final grade 11 results or final National Senior Certificate (NSC) / Matric Certificate (only those who completed matric). NB: Do not submit your midyear grade 12 results.
- Official academic record(s) from previous university (ies) attended, including SMU (if applicable).
- Certificate of conduct from all universities attended (if applicable).
- Proof of application fee payment (copy of deposit slip). NB: No application forms will be considered without proof of payment.