How to Apply to University of the Witwatersrand (WITS)
How to Apply
To apply online, go to: www.wits.ac.za/applications/
You may apply for a maximum three degrees (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for international applicants, is required.
Full detail of the application process for each of the above categories appears in the description of the category. HOWEVER: it is important to note the following:
- Degree applications can only be done online and only when applications are open.
- Short course applications need to be submitted at Wits Plus in person. We do not accept faxed, emailed or posted applications.
- An application fee is payable and proof of payment must be submitted with each application.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be informed of the registration date.
- Wits Plus does have credit card facilities for certificates and short courses, but we do not accept any cash payments.