Mpumalanga University Postgraduate School
Our graduates will be (or have):
Resourceful, Responsive and Responsible: capable of self-directed, life-long learning; authentic research-led enquiry; who are motivated, conscientious and self-sufficient individuals capable of substantial independent work, who set aspirational goals for continuing personal, professional, and career development.
Sound Discipline Knowledge: who understand and respect the values, theoretical principles, ethical aspects, methods and limitations of their discipline; and who possess discipline-relevant professional or vocational or academic knowledge, skills and competencies.
Innovative and Entrepreneurial: who are intellectually curious, independent, creative and critical thinkers who are able to innovate by applying their knowledge and skills to the solution of novel as well as routine problems for sustainable development.
Confident and Effective Communicators: who are able to engage meaningfully with a range of diverse audiences.
Ethically and Socially Aware Change Agents: who are socially aware and ethically inclined, to bring about change.
Adaptable: having an understanding of their discipline within dynamically changing, inter and multi-disciplinary contexts; respond flexibly and adapt their skills and knowledge to excel in new situations.
To be an African University leading in creating opportunities for sustainable development
To offer high quality educational and training opportunities that foster the holistic
development of students through teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and
engagement, in collaboration with strategic partners.
• Excellence; uphold the highest standards of excellence in all its actions, functions and
• Integrity; undeviating honesty, by utmost fairness, caring for one another as fellow
human beings, and treating one another with the utmost respect
• Diversity; unlocking a range of interactions, and enhancing exposure to a wide variety
of diverse cultures, backgrounds, views and opinions
• Collaboration; actively seek out opportunities for collaboration with all its stakeholders
in maximising the development of human potential and socio-economic development
• Adaptability; acknowledging our ever changing knowledge contexts, institutional
environments, and social situations and therefore the need to promote and foster
• Relevance; endorses the need for its academic programmes, research activities,
and engagement projects to respond to its context
• Inspiration; allows and encourages others to be more and do more than what at first
Quick links to Mpumalanga University Postgraduate School