Elsenburg Agriculture Training Institute Bursaries or Scholarship
Elsenburg Agriculture Training Institute
External Bursary / Scholarship Scheme
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture awards bursaries to students studying full-time at a Higher Educational Institution towards obtaining a SAQA registered qualification in the Agricultural fields, or High School learners studying mathematics and sciences who have been identified as potential candidates for further studies in the Agricultural fields.
Criteria for Scholarship:
Rural youth specifically, Farm Worker children completing a high school qualification which includes the subjects of with pure mathematics and sciences.
Bursaries are offered in the following full time study fields:
Horticulture and hydroponics
Biological nitrogen fixation
Weed biocontrol science
Finance (accounting, internal auditing, etc.)
| Economics (agriculture)
Viticulture and oenology
Food science and technology
Agricultural technical services
Human resource management
- Applicants must be South African citizens. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged unemployed youth.
- Applicants must have proof of admission (provisional admission) to a higher education institution or institutions where the applied field of study is offered.
- Applicants must complete the relevant bursary application forms, which are available on the website: www.elsenburg.com
- Successful candidates will be expected to enter into a contractual agreement with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
What does the bursary cover?
- Registration and tuition fees required by the Educational Institution.
- Books that is prescribed by the Educational Institution.
- Hostel fees and meals where required.
- Scholarship will include school uniforms (if required).
Please take note:
- Preference will be given to qualifying applicants from historically disadvantaged groups residing in the Western Cape.
- Females and People with Disabilities, are encouraged to apply
NB: FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING DISQUALIFIED.
CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE LIMITED TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES. SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO A PERSONAL SUITABLITY CHECKS.
Please indicate with a √ to ensure complete application:
|Bursary/ Scholarship Application Form fully completed (proof of income, testimonial & written estimation of costs to be handed in by applicant)|
|Curriculum Vitae attached|
|Certified copy of ID document|
|Certified copy of driver’s licence if available|
|Certified copy of Matric (Grade 12) certificate|
|Certified Academic records/ School reports for previous year|
|Certified proof of registration for the current year|
|Certified Higher Education Qualifications|
|Proof of the expenses for the full remaining period of the qualification including hostel accommodation if needed|