NMU Applications for Admission 2020
Nelson Mandela University NMU Applications for Admission 2020
Prospective undergraduate students who wish to join Nelson Mandela University in 2020 are invited to apply for a certificate, diploma or degree qualification by using our online application system when applications for admission open in April.
In order to ensure adequate time for application, processing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for early admission in 2020 should be submitted by 01 August 2019.
Applications may be considered after this date, provided that there is still space available in the course you wish to apply for, and on academic merit until 30 September 2019. In addition, places in some qualifications are limited, and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application form and ALL supporting documentation by 01 August 2019.
Before completing an application form, please take note of the minimum admission requirements for the qualification that you are applying for or refer to the relevant faculty guide.
Postgraduate Master’s and doctoral degrees by research candidates can apply at any time of the year – application is free. Postgraduate M & D applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form (U24) in addition to the manual Postgraduate application form. Space is limited and you should view the list of full programmes before applying.
You may apply by following one of these routes:
- Apply online for Postgraduate studies (PG Diploma, PG Certificate, Honours, Master’s or Doctoral Degrees). Undergraduate, BTech and Advanced Diploma applications open in April 2019;
- Postgraduate applicants must also complete the relevant Postgraduate form (U24) For information on postgraduate programmes, please consult the General Information and Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes.
- Make sure you have paid the Application fee (international students only), before submitting your application form.
- Your application form must be accompanied by:
- a certified copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- a most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam report (No March results), or if you have already passed Grade 12, a certified copy of your matriculation certificate, or results as well as certified copies of diploma/degree certificates and academic records for postgraduate applications,
- a certified copy of your ID/Passport,
- a certified copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety if you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- Either an acknowledgement letter or outcome of your admission will be sent to you within 10 working days during April to June. During the period leading up to the closing dates stipulated above the turnaround time will be 14 – 20 working days.
- If your Applicant Score (AS) and subject specific marks do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen programme, you will need to consider another qualification as we no longer test applicants for admission.
- Some programmes have additional selection requirements; please consult the Undergraduate Guide for your specific faculty which can be downloaded from the links on the right of this page (available from April).
- You may track the status of your application.
- The outcome of your application will be conveyed to you via our website and sms. Please ensure that we have your correct cell phone number.
- If you are provisionally admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
- Final acceptance is subject to your final NSC/IEB results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme.
Applicants who have studied at other tertiary institutions
- In order to ensure adequate time for processing, assessment testing and planning by the university and yourself, applications for admission in 2020 should be submitted by 1 August 2019 – No application fee for South African applicants.
- Late applications will be considered after this date based on academic merit until 30 September 2019 – No application fee for South African applicants.
- Submit together with your application form, a certified copy of your official academic record and certificate of conduct as well as a certified copy of your school leaving certificate.
- Should you be applying for module exemptions, download the module exemption form and complete it and note that there is a module exemption fee to be paid before the exemption can be processed. You must attach copies of module outlines/syllabus.
- The application fees above are applicable for International applicants.
The Admissions Office
PO Box 77000
Nelson Mandela University
Banking Account Details (International Students – Application Fee only)
- Bank: Standard Bank
- Account Name: Nelson Mandela University – Main
- Account No.: 080263011
- Bank Swift Code: SBZA ZAJJ
- Internet Banking Code: 051001
- Reference: 5350 4605 & Student Name
- E-mail copy of deposit: email@example.com
- Bank Address: Rink Street, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Please attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application form.
Credit Card Payments:
Online credit card payments can be made ONLY if you have applied to Nelson Mandela University.
Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, send your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject field should read: “Process application for online payment”.
We will allocate a student number so you may make your payment online.
Allow three working days for processing. Also, a copy of the proof of payment should be in your possession at all times.
For security reasons, manual credit card payments are NO longer available.
Application fees are non-refundable. Payment of application fees does not guarantee entry to the university.
Please do not send cash in the post.