North-West University (NWU) Accommodation
The NWU-Pukke’s student life revolves around its active residential life. All students can participate in this, regardless whether they stay in campus residences or are organised in “town residences”.
What is unique about our residences
- Safety is a high priority
- Every residence has residence management
- Within walking distance of academic, administrative buildings and sports facilities
- A genuine student community without equal
- Support and friendships for life
Applicants are encouraged to apply before or on 30 June for residential placement in a campus residence. Selection takes place in July, after which meritorious cases will be considered by a special selection committee. All placements are based on merit and availability of residence. (Selection mark: 70% academics and 30% participation in culture, sport and/or leadership.)
What is unique about our campus residences?
- They are located within walking distance of the academic and administrative buildings and sports facilities;
- Safety is a high priority – especially at the women’s residences where a strict system of electronic control isapplied;
- Every residence has residence management that consists of a house father/mother and a house committee;
- Other facilities: e-mail, Internet, telephones, laundry and ironing rooms with automatic washing machines and tumble driers, kitchenettes, television rooms, sitting-rooms, leisure and computer venues.