South African Theological Seminary Postgraduate School
Our Postgraduate School is committed to providing exciting opportunities for advanced theological studies. A competent team of full-time staff members and associates, specialising in various fields of scholarship, serves an ever-growing number of postgraduate students from all over the world.
Our focus is on people who are committed to the Lord Jesus Christ, who love and respect the Bible as God’s word, are involved in advancing His kingdom through practical ministry and have a desire to develop these commitments further.
In order to be accepted into our programmes, applicants must:
- have completed a first degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- have completed at least a basic level of theological training
- preferably have experience in Christian ministry
- agree to work with the SATS ethos and core value
- have a good command of English
- Have regular access to the Internet
Applicants who have not studied with SATS before will first go through a preparatory programme that will:
- Acquaint them with SATS, its values and mode of operation
- Ensure that they have a solid foundation for further studies
- Determine which study programme is best suited for their needs
- Identify a research concept (research programmes only)
The preparatory programme is done in direct conversation (Internet, phone and email or personal meeting). Where the process reveals that applicants need to do abridging courses, these will be done at the normal fees.
There are no hidden costs associated with our postgraduate programme fees. The prices quoted cover all tuition costs. There are no travel costs incurred as all learning is accomplished online.
There is no application fee for any postgraduate programme. Payment is made at the beginning of each course or phase. Students will incur additional fees should they be unable to complete a course or phase by the stipulated due date. Fees are increased annually in January.